Friday, July 16, 2010

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge DT Card--Week 15


Happy Friday Everybody! This week at the Fussy and Fancy Friday, we are doing a scallops, stitching and sparkle challenge! Our sponsor is Stitchy with Stitchy Bear Stamps, and Stitchy provided me a lovely digi from her Timeless Beauties collection. This is Emma, and Stitchy has created several other beautiful vintage ladies and even has them available as a set.

Well, I couldn't do Timeless Beauty Emma, without making my card vintage-looking, so I used Tea Dye Distress Ink and a sponge to give all the paper a vintage look. I used my Martha Stewart Lace punch and my Petite Circle Nestabilites to make the scallops. For my stitching, I faux-stitched along the edge of the backing cardstock, which is one of my Label Nesties.





For the Sparkle, I added Glimmer Mist in Wheatgrass to my roses, and my leaves are punched with two Martha Stewart leaf punches from some very sparkly My Mind's Eye paper.







I used some blingy dots which I colored to match with a Copic marker. (Did you know you could do that?! It works with the pearl dots, too--I've just gone to buying the clear or white pearl dots and coloring them to match with my Copics.)





I did a bit of faux stitching and scallops on the inside panel also.





This is wonderful challenge, and this card was really fun to make. Won't you hop over and join us over at Fussy and Fancy Friday? You have two weeks to complete your card!

Challenges entered:


I hope you have a great weekend, and happy stampin'! Lisa :-)

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Lisa, your DT card turned out fabulous. Love colors, pattern papers, distressing and all the flowers.

Cor* said...

This is so elegant looking! Very vintagy! Me & Vintage............we aren't very good friends! I love all the pics of the details. Coloring bling with copics,,,,,who'da thunk! Great card.

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Lisa! What a gorgeous image! I love the flowers and all your details! Fantastic creation!!

Chelsea said...

Love it...great work. Love the colors!

Kim said...

Lisa this is lovely hun! I so love seeing your beautiful creations! Another stunning beauty! Thanks for joining us in the debut of WOC Challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

stitchy said...

Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow the colors blend so well and I love the vintage look..I'm so sorry I couldn't get here sooner as my internet has been down for almost a week now..;(..Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent with me ;)

stitchy xoxox