Friday, December 31, 2010

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge--First Year Celebration!


Good morning and welcome to the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge First Year Celebration! The challenge this time is to make a celebration gift and matching card.


At my house, we're still celebrating Christmas, until the 6th of January--Epiphany, Twelfth Night. . . so my gift is a candle to light at night. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I look forward to playing along with you all year at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge! Won't you join us for the first challenge of the New Year--our First Year Celebration?



I followed the stamped candle tutorial over at Splitcoast Stampers to make my candle. Easy Cheese!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stamping_on_candles/

 I saw the basic idea over at Janiel's blog, and had to give it a try.



I hope you'll be inspired to try one too--the lady on the tutorial is right--use an inexpensive candle. I tried it on both a Hobby Lobby el-cheapo one and a on a candle from Pier One, and the el-cheapo one worked much better!



Thanks for looking and happy stampin'! Happy New Year! Lisa

2 comments:

cheryl said...

this is one gorgoues gift set beautifully detailed love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Deeanna said...

Very sweet card, Great job. The detail is great:}