Friday, February 27, 2009

Stampin' Up! Loads of Love Does It Again!




Hello and good morning! The SU Loads of Love set that I agonized over buying has come in
handy again! I used it for Valentine cards, and then I was thinking it would be fun to use for a card for a friend who just moved to a new house, and then I used it for a birthday card for my nephew too. I viewed a really helpful tutorial on coloring and shading from this neat gal named Kim. It's on Jacksonbelle Embellishments.

Here is the tutorial.

She was using colored pencils, mineral spirits and blender stumps, but I used my watercolor pencils and the blender pen, and I thought that worked fine also. I'm thinking that a similar process would work for markers--I'm saving up for a set of Copics, and so I'll have to figure out how to use them!

On another note. I've come to the realization that I couldn't possibly afford to own all the sentiment stamps available (I could try, though!!), so I thought I would work on my handwritting a bit. (My third grade teacher would be proud!) I suppose I could use the computer, but I'm trying to get away from the computer, since I make my living working on it. . . so, here's my inside sentiment that I lettered myself.


I was surprised to find that lettering wasn't really that hard--I just practiced on scratch paper for a bit and came up with my own font of sorts. I did study a bit of caligraphy out of a book when I was a teenager, so that kicked in, I think. Maybe I'll go check out a book on caligraphy--it might be fun to try again. The stamp set I used on the inside is SU Noteworthy. Anyway, I'm continuing to learn as much as I can and having fun in the process!

Well, off to get ready for a short weekend trip to a meet, so I'll have to stop! Thanks to everyone for visiting and commenting! See you in cyberspace! :-)

No comments: