Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Card for Sketch Saturday and Magnolia Down Under!


Good morning! DD Greta and I worked in the stamp room yesterday afternoon, and we came up with some fun cards using some of our favorite stamps and some new papers! Greta ordered these black roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and was unsure they would look right on a card when she got them. They're so black, she said! I thought they'd be perfect on my pirate card, though. We sprayed them with Glimmermist, which really looks wonderful on them. (Of course it doesn't show too well in the photo.)  I really love this little boy stamp. I don't have too many stamps for boys, and this is perfect for all sorts of occasions! But, he is so sweet, I think I may have to get the girl pirate from Magnolia to go with him! :-)

Anyway, I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges this week:
Crafty Angels--my favorite stamp
Create 4 Fun--black and white plus one other color

Thank you for all of the great inspiration! Have a great day! Lisa

3 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card me hearties ! Love these new Magnolia stamps and I love the papers you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This looks awesome!! I love the layering and the colors!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

stephanne said...

Awwwwww, I know he is supposed to be a tough guy here, but he is superbly cute!!! Love your coordinating papers and embellies too!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MDUC this week!!
Stephanne