Sunday, September 12, 2010

My September 11th OWH Card Making Party!



Good morning, everybody! I wanted to share what we did over the weekend with my blog friends. We had a September 11th Operation Write Home Cardmaking Party to participate in OWH's Birthday Bash. Tomorrow, I will be sending over 50 cards to Sandy for our heroes! The party was really fun, and here are some pictures of all of the cards we made.



I originally scheduled the party for Saturday morning, but it turned out that our neighborhood's yearly community yard sale was that morning. So, knowing that no one would be able to get to out house for all of the garage sales goers, I made it a sleepover party. On Friday night, two of 12 YO DD Greta's friends, one of 6 YO DD Sophie's friends and one of my friends came over and worked on cards with me on Friday and on Saturday morning. We had it spread out all over the dining room table.



At 8pm, we Skyped with Sandy, president of Operation Write Home. We "met" Sandy's golden retriever, the OWH mascot, and subject of some super cute digi stamps Sandy has made for OWH. It was really fun talking with Sandy over video phone!

We also watched a few OWH videos, which all the guests really liked.



The undeniable favorite was the Old Spice video!

Last, but not least, I made a couple of angel cards in response to Sandy's "Angel Flight" challenge on her blog. Take a look at Mr. Foster's music video--it is a really nice tribute to these brave men who gave their lives in this accident in the Middle East. Mr. Foster is another person using his creativity to support our nation's heroes. Really something special!


Anyway, a great weekend, thanks for the inspiration, Sandy and Operation Write Home!

1 comment:

Operation Write Home said...

Great pictures from your party! It was so much fun visiting with you all! And I love your pretty angel cards!