Saturday, April 18, 2009

More Cards for Heroes!


We've been making more cards for the cardsforheroes.org. They are a group who makes cards for armed service people to send back to their families. This month, they are asking for Father's Day cards and cards for children--such as I miss you or I love you cards for people in the service to send back to their kids. That kind of struck a note with me, and so I've been thinking about a few I could make. The top card is my card for little boys. The inside sentiment says "And you're all mine! I love you!" The bottom card is one that my 2 year old made with my pastels. I'm thinking it might be a nice Father's Day card, perhaps.
If you're looking for a service project that you and your kids can be involved in, I would encourage you to check out Cards for Heroes. They are a nice bunch of ladies and are very welcoming and inclusive. They also hold challenges and are planning a blog hop soon. If you do decide to make some for them, read over their directions. One thing is they ask you not to use glitter on your cards, as if it falls on uniforms it will show up in night glasses. Yeesh! A scary thought, so no glitter!!
Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend! Happy stampin'!

No comments: