Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Card for a Few Challenges





Hello everyone! I have made a card for a few challenges, and I've even challenged myself to use my Cricut machine. I had to have that thing, and most of the time it just sits there. :-( So, I used the Storybook cartridge to make the butterfly and the twirly thing. It took a little time to figure out the right size, but here's what I did. The twirly thing is set at 1.5 inches on the Shift-V with the Tall button on. Then, the pink butterfly is just Shift-V at 1.5 inches. I like it, and I might try some more. I'll let you know what sizes I find that work for 6 inch cards. 





I've been really working on trying to make my own flowers. (Of course, I just placed an order for some from Wild Orchid Crafts, at DD Greta's request, so I probably will be set for awhile without making my own.) I used some mulberry paper this time between the layers. I love the fuzzy brads. I thought they would look lame, but actually fit the card nicely! The stamp is from Whiff of Joy, which I just received from my order with my 25% off coupon for Mother's Day (yeah!) Perfect timing, because this card is for my husband's grandmother who has had some surgery recently. 

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Pollycraft Monday--Summer Blooms--I've got some gorgeous red and yellow/orange day lilies blooming in my yard now!
Papertake Weekly--Say it With Flowers
Create 4 Fun--great sketch!


Off to bed, got a big day tomorrow! Girl Scout campout, fun! First one of the year! I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Lisa :-)







2 comments:

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Stunning card! Those flowers are amazing! Wel done on this card!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
Hugs, Marit.

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Fab card. Loving those flowers they are great
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x