Saturday, June 25, 2011

My DT Entry for the Bling It On Challenge


Challenges Entered:

Hello and I hope you're having a great Saturday! Today I have a card for a new challenge that I just found today on Feline Playful. It is called Bling it On, and I wish I had learned about it sooner so I could have been playing all along! They are even having a DT call with this challenge, which I am entering with this card. This time, the challenge is Embossing, and so today I made this card using my Rose embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I followed the sketch from today's The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.


I somehow have had the entire day to play and craft, so I've done a bit of experimentation. A few days ago my DD made a light box for one of her photography projects. I tried it out today for the first time. It really worked pretty well! I think I need to use Reveal light bulbs to get a more true color. But for now, I adjusted things in Photoshop. Baby steps, right?!



As a result of this new gizmo, I probably took WAY too many pictures. My apologies for that. . . :-)
Anyway, another experiment I tried was to make more of my own flowers. I've made them before, and I switch between using the ones from Prima or Wild Orchid Crafts and making my own.




For my image, I used the Brother and Sister stamp from Magnolia. One of my favorites! The papers are from Prima Marketing, the Madeline collection. The good news is. . .there are also beautiful but totally different papers on the back, so look for another card made with this paper (and it will be easy if you'll hit the follow button at the top of my blog!) I got it at the scrapbook store in Chantilly, VA recently. I am really wishing we had a store like that here in Northeast Arkansas. 




Here are a few pix of the inside and the back. The papers inside aren't from Prima. I think they are K&Co. from last year. They match fairly well, though. A bit more embossing on the inside. . .


Another thing I've seen folks do on various blogs is to list or show the Copic markers they used to color their image. This is a good idea, but I must say I am a little surprised that I used so many. I'm also a little embarrased that I HAVE so many. I guess they just keep jumping in my shopping cart, is all I can say. That ever happen to you? Anyway, I enjoyed keeping track, so I may do this more often. Do you think it's helpful?


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you got time to craft, too. . .and spend time with family. I worked at work really hard this week--it was a good and productive week--but I was really ready for a little fun time! Well, the kids and the neighbors' kids have the sprinkler out--so I'm thinking I'll be spending the evening outside, not a bad thing! Guess I'd better go make dinner! Have fun and happy stampin'! Lisa :-)


22 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, such a sweet couple. Love the flowers and details. Very best of luck with the DT position.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Stunning card!!!! Love the image paper and the details!!!!! Great job!!!!

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Wonderfull cards, all the layers are great together! Bye Mascha

Judy K. said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the paper and layout and your flowers are awesome!!!!
Hugs
Judy K.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Super duper cute card. I love that image of Tilda and Edwin that you've colored wonderfully!
Hugs,
Leslie

Christina C. said...

Lisa, this is darling....love the papers, design, details and above all, the adorable duo!!! Beautiful card!

Nicola said...

Stunning card Lisa, love everything about it! The Magnolia image is soooo sweet, the papers are gorgeous and your attention to detail is fantastic
Love Nicola xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is soo cute. I just love it.

Anonymous said...

So adorable Lisa! Beautiful papers and embellishing! hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Lisa. Those flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful DSP, Well done!
hugs Julie P

Chris said...

Gorgeous card. Love your colors.

Sharon said...

Oh WOW, this is absolutely gorgeous. hugs Sharon

Elle said...

I really love your card. The coloring is divine! I have a question about the lighting setup you used for your picture taking. I want to build a light box, too. swck99@att.net

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. I love all the layers you used. Beautiful coloring too.

Rene said...

This is soooo cute!!!! Love your pretty papers!
Rene ;D

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Lisa. Love the colors, the cute image, the paper flowers... just perfect. Thanks for stopping by and playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Debs said...

gorgeous card Lisa..beautiful inside and out..good luck with the DT call and thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Bling It On and good luck Debs x

Danielle Champagne said...

ADorable card Lisa, such wonderful little details. Gorgeous inside.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

that card is darling, and I appreciate your sharing all the little details on how you made it!

Candy said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa!!
Great layout and design papers too.
Hugs, Candy

Eulanda said...

Oooo wow this is really pretty!! Very nice project! Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card Lisa. Lovely layering of this card and the rose embossing inside is so sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio