Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Entry for the Creative Inspirations Challenge


Challenges Entered
Creative Inspirations Challenge--Stitching
TOMIC--Pearls and Shimmer

Hello and I hope you're having a good day! Thank you for stopping by today! I made this card for the Creative Inspirations Challenge DT call. This is another challenge blog that I have just found and wish I'd found sooner! Their challenge this week is stitching. I tried a new idea (to me anyway) of  machine applique with the zig zag stitch. It was really fun, and I think I'll try it again soon! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies! 



I am once again playing with the lightbox my DD made, and this time I think I got better exposure with the Reveal light bulbs. 



I used The #226 Birthday Tilda for this card, and Basic Grey paper from the Sweet Threads collection. The flowers are a mixture of ones from Michael's and from Wild Orchid Crafts


I am also entering this card in The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge, which is shimmer and pearls this week. The photos don't quite capture it, but I used quite a lot of gimmer mist on the flowers and leaves. 




A couple of quick pics of the inside and back. I've really gotten into signing the back of my cards, and I'm always on the look out for fun personalized stamps. I got this signature stamp from here:

Once again, thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I appreciate your taking the time to take a peek! I hope you have a great day, and I'll be back on tomorrow with Sweet n' Sassy Digi Challenge and Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge projects! Thanks and happy stampin'! Lisa





19 comments:

Nicola said...

Stunning card, love the colours and truly beautiful inside and out! Love your colouring of Tilda and all those gorgeous flowers
Love Nicola xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow this is stunning the papers the image the detail just love it bless you for playing at creative inspirations,and also for entering our DT call love hugs cheryl xxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Lisa those papers, design, colours and image are a pure delight thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck with the DT call.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful design Lisa! Your dp's are gorgeous and your flower arrangement is gorgeous. Love to see the stitching around your panels. Inside and out this card is WOW!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Great colours, i just love the flowers. Beautiful!
Hugs Julie P

Chris said...

Beautiful card Lisa.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card.

Card Crazy said...

Love it. Tilda is gorgeous and your background patterns are coordinated so perfectly. Very lovely card.
Sue S.

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the layout, papers and of course sweet Tilda, your embellies are fantastic too.
Hugs
Suzi x
ps. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck in the DT call.

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Beautiful work, love the colors and design, bye mascha

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely beautiful!!!! Love your design and papers!!!!! Those flowers are awesome!!!!I tried to buy this Tilda but it was out of stock!!!!!

Elle said...

Bautiful card. I love your design. The coloring. The flowers. The.....Oh! Your reveal lights really made a difference. Thanks again for your help with the light box.

Kelly said...

Very cute card, I love how your colored her. So very pretty.

Chris said...

So beautiful and such gorgeous colouring and design. Love how you added your shimmer, your flowers look wonderful. Thanks for joining us at TOMIC this week. Chris :)

Chris said...

Lisa, your card is very lovely. I love the color scheme and the stitching. Your coloration of Tilda is fantastic! The inside is just as lovely as the outside. You did a wonderful job!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Christina C. said...

WOW....this is absolutely MAGNIFICENT, Lisa! Love the fabulous design, papers, stitching and the stunningly colored Tilda!!!!
The flowers are luscious...beautiful work!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring on the image and lovely DP for this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! The DPs, your coloring, the pretty floral arrangement...it's all pretty inside and out!
Hugs, Cami

Karen said...

Such a pretty card! : )