Friday, April 16, 2010

My Card for This Week's Sketch Saturday


Good morning! Sketch Saturday has a really nice sketch this week--different than some I've seen. It was fun to put together, and I used sewing, which I don't do very often. And I tried paper patching, which was the Everybody Art Challenge this week. I love the color combination from Color Q--this is such a neat challenge blog! The Crafty Angels and Cupcake Craft challenges this week were "thought" challenges. Childhood memories and My Favorite Things. This stamp speaks to both of those! My mom is a librarian, so of course we read books together all the time when I was little. And I love reading to my own children (many times I read them books I read when I was young--fun!) Great ideas, ladies! This card isn't my very best--my sewing needs some work, but I guess every card doesn't have to be a perfect work of art, does it? I tried something new and had fun and that's what I make cards for so it's all good. . .

I also designed this card to enter several challenges:
Sketch Saturday
Everybody Art Challenge--Cute
Cupcake Craft--Childhood Memories
Crafty Angels--My Favorite Things
Color Q

Wonder where I'm finding all these challenges? On this blog--very cool!
http://findchallenge.blogspot.com/

I hope everyone has a good weekend! Thanks for looking! Lisa :-)

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable card Lisa!! Such a sweet image and bright colors! I think all of your sewing is wonderful!
Hugs, Tammy

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a beautiful card ! Love the colours... Thanks for sharing your special memories too ! Smiles from Catherine

Jeanette said...

Love your card and I think your sewing looks great. It was a fun sketch this week....made me think outside the box too! thanks for joining in :)
I have visited Greta's blog and left her a comment for her gorgeous card!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Victoria said...

wow what a fabulous card and so beautifully embellished. Thanks for sharing your memory too

Thanks for playing along at Cupcake this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Shirl said...

The card is delightful and your sewing is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing at Crafty Angels and good luck with the top 3 choice.
Hugs Shirley x x x

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colours and all the stitching.
thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

debby4000 said...

Oh fab card, beautiful colours and love the cute image.
luv
Debby